Saturday, December 3, 2011

From My Archives; Symmetry...




Always unpacking, I opened a box that's been closed since I moved to Quincy in 2006.  I uncovered an essay I wrote in 1993 in response to n assignment in a graduate course in writing.  I was writing about an experience that had taken place 18 years earlier.  Ironically, I am now writing about that essay 18 year later!  It has been interesting to compare my present state of mind and habits to this window into my 18-years-ago mind.  On the topics of loitering and coffee, I'm pretty much in agreement with my former self.  I share this essay today because most of my close friends and colleagues in Quincy usually find me at one of our local coffee shops.  If I'm not writing, I'm thinking about writing or discussing writing with other writers.  I have a feeling writing is addictive.  Click on each photo if you need a closer view - or get out a magnifying glass.  In what might be an example of Jung's concept of 'synchronicity,' I recently read in the NY Times an article about someone's hypothesis that the Enlightenment was largely launched by the switch of salon gatherings from alcohol to coffee as the primary fuel for thought.  I'll drink to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

cheryljohnson111@gmail.com, lancefb@gmail.com, marylouiseruth@hotmail.com, mikereagan@ni7t.com, mtgarcia1250@sbcglobal.net, blackoaknaturalist@att.net

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.