Monday, July 13, 2009

Hi QWG!

Thanks for letting me crash your writing group even though I’m not quite a Quincy gal.

I’m taking Ariel Gore’s Writing Workshop this summer and loving it. It’s online. www.literarykitchen.com

Great writing assignments (that I am going to steal) and great fun. She’s got me writing about evil step dad’s AND Elvis in the same week! How about that?

I spoke with FRC (email back and forth really) and they are super psyched for us to have a ‘club’ on campus and will give us meeting space.

I thought perhaps for Fall we might try and have a couple of Saturday writing workshops. They were amiable to that idea. I was going to go with M-L’s suggestion to do one solely on dialogue. Let me know what you think.

My laptop is currently in a coma somewhere in the midwest so most of my writing has come to a stand still or rather my editing has (including the class anthology). Hopefully the laptop will be back and breathing by the end of the week. I’ve just been doing Ariel Gore’s writing assignments and trying to write about the trip.

www.writerchick-mama.blogspot.com (Graceland is the first entry about the trip).

2 comments:

  1. Ah, nice to have you here. I'm looking forward to jumping into a workshop with y'all soon.

    I'm in Canyon Dam babysitting my friend's kayak rental business while he's away on family matters. Been slow. And that suits me. Thinks I'll close up. Go play in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I might have to sneak into that workshop at some point. Looks like fun.

    I'll let you know if I can squeeze in the time to do Saturday writing workshops.

    Oh, and welcome :)

    ReplyDelete

cheryljohnson111@gmail.com, lancefb@gmail.com, marylouiseruth@hotmail.com, mikereagan@ni7t.com, mtgarcia1250@sbcglobal.net, blackoaknaturalist@att.net

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.