Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Complimentary poem

A friend of mine recently came up with a rather dark poem based on some past trouble we had. I was so touched by it that I began composing a complimentary poem to go with it, and if I could find the blooming thing again, I'd get her permission to post it here. Mine is pretty raw, really, and I think I need a better way for it to flow.

The passion is deathless;
The memories, faded, but shown –
Each piece not abandoned,
But in journey of dust to truth,
And souls, not desperate but
Learned;
Naught can be redone,
But by that which makes its doing,
So move on.
Resolution, a declaration
Held by white fist and law,
Only awaits but a word,
A word from mind of all.
Parallel? Nay, but twin,
By fate or cunning reasons,
You and I have much to learn
Of love in its many seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

cheryljohnson111@gmail.com, lancefb@gmail.com, marylouiseruth@hotmail.com, mikereagan@ni7t.com, mtgarcia1250@sbcglobal.net, blackoaknaturalist@att.net

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.